About UsMichael James Mackey MBChB (Otago), Dip Obst & Gynae, FRACS Urology
Michael completed his MBChB in 1987, before going on to practice and complete his further studies. He now has more than 15 years surgical experience, including six years in public hospitals in New Zealand and in the UK. He returned to New Zealand in 1998, and has been operating full time in private practice in Auckland since then.
Michael Mackey is Auckland’s busiest private Urologic Surgeon. Michael has recently helped to instigate the purchase of New Zealand’s first da Vinci Robot at Mercy Ascot Hospital in Auckland. Michael subspecialises in Prostate Cancer and Laser and Robotic Surgery. He has Auckland’s largest experience in the following:
- Prostate Brachytherapy implants (performed by a Urologist)
- Radical Prostatectomy (retropubic, perineal and Robotic)
- Holmium Laser resection of the Prostate (> than 1,000 cases)
Mr Mackey is an affiliate of the following Professional Memberships:
- Member RACS
- Member NZ Medical Association
- NZMC Registration: 15284
- Member Urological Society of Australasia
- Member Societe Internate D’Urologie
- Current CME Certification
- Current Member of Medical Protection Society
- Member Clinical Advisory Board, MercyAscot Hospital, Ascot Site
Ros will answer your phone enquiries and will be happy to make an appointment for you. Ros has worked for Mr Mackey since 2001.
Janine has worked for Mr Mackey since 2004. She is very experienced in the nursing specialty area of Urology and offers a caring, professional nursing service.